A Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) credential is earned by yoga teachers whose training and teaching experience meet Yoga Alliance standards.
An RYT must:
1. Complete training with and receive confirmation from a Registered Yoga School (RYS) at the 200 or 500-hour level;
2. Complete 30 hours of Continuing Education every three years; and
Pay annual membership fees.
Registered Yoga Teacher 200
Teachers can register as an RYT 200 if they have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training, that is registered with Yoga Alliance. However, All training hours must come from the same school, and multiple pieces of training cannot be combined to meet the 200-hour requirement.
Registered Yoga Teacher 500
Teachers can register as an RYT 500 if they have complete a 500-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance. However, The 500 hours of training can either come from one school or can be a combination of a 200-hour teacher training plus an additional 300-hour advanced teacher training, from a different RYS. Applicants must also submit 100 teaching hours that were complete after their RYS 200 or RYS 500 training.
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher 200
Once register, an E-RYT 200 can provide Continuing Education workshops to RYTs and can be a Lead Trainer of a 200-hour teacher training for an RYS 200 up until February 2022.
Teachers can register as an E-RYT 200 if they have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training that is register with Yoga Alliance and have taught a minimum of two years after completing the training. Online Yoga Certification, All training hours must come from the same school, and multiple pieces of training cannot be combine to meet the 200-hour requirement. However, Applicants must submit 1,000 teaching hours for this designation, which must be complete after finishing their training with an RYS 200.
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher 500
Once registered, an E-RYT 500 can provide Continuing Education workshops to other teachers and can be a Lead Trainer of a 200-hour, 300-hour, or 500-hour teacher training.
Teachers can register as an E-RYT 500 if they have completing a 500-hour yoga teacher training that is register with Yoga Alliance and have taught a minimum of four years since completing training with an RYS 200.
Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher
Teachers can register as an RCYT if they have completing both a 200-hour yoga teacher training. and a 95-hour children’s yoga teacher training—in either order—that are registere with Yoga Alliance.
As an RYT, you gain access to all Yoga Alliance membership benefits, Online Yoga Certification, including:
1. An internationally recognized credential that stands as a marker of high quality, safe, accessible, and equitable yoga teaching;
2. Marketing on our RYT directory, where you can list where you teach.
3. Access to free online workshops (both live and recorded) which allow you to learn from leaders in the yoga community.
4. Advocacy alerts when there are local, state, and national government issues facing the yoga community;
5. Invitations to both live and virtual community events and meet-ups;
6. Insightful publications ranging from our monthly newsletter, scientific research on yoga, and hundreds of informative articles and videos; and
7. Discounts on products and services from our partners on everything from liability insurance to yoga clothes to business software.
CLICK HERE For More Course Inclusions and Our June Main Event